Saturday, January 28, 2006

Headphone masterpieces # 1.

Practice what they preach, maaaan.

I would love to make another weekly institution, just to motivate my sorry ass to writing more. But this formula might run thin. I suppose I could do my best for a while and see where it goes. Indulge me.

Sometimes the best moments in listening to music outside is that moment that you actually start walking. Like if you're coming out from the train station to be blessed with a sunny sky, or leaving your apartment for the first time to go greet the day. Hell, maybe this is one of those songs that can be just as effective as you're pulling out of the driveway to go to work on a cold winter morning. But the point is, its private listening while you're mobile.
This is one of those songs.

The Radio Dept. - Pulling Our Weight (mp3 link)

Gentle guitar, pounding but subtle rhythm, lush harmonies. It's all you need, nothing fancy. I listen to this track and feel the urge to just raise my head up and look to the sky. Not to be tacky, but sometimes you just listen to tracks like this, and they make you smile without going "awww" to yourself, you feel?


Plans? Let's see. Tonight I'm going to see more of my fellow alma maters at Paul Canetti's birthday party down in the Murray Hill area. He'll be also playing some music, so it should be a good time.


Right now I'm gonna enjoy this beautiful day. And eat somethin...


Cheers,
~*E*~





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?