Monday, February 13, 2006

Don't let the weather get you down.

Thanks to Young Jeezy, all snowmen now look like drug dealers.

Another week starts. I sure hope navigating through the winter wonderland during the work week will be easy enough, since this is really my first experience with the city under snow. Of course, being from upstate I am used to driving through the snow aplenty. Thank god I don't have to worry about having a car here. It took long enough commuting around yesterday. I can't imagine how long I'm going to be outside today. Maybe I should invest in those galoshes I have collecting dust in the closet.

Rule of thumb: gloves, gloves, gloves. Yes, three times. Because who knows, you might lose a pair or two. I know I have. All in all, I suppose this would theoretically cover the bases for all ten fingers.

Actually you know something, I had a discussion a week or two ago about the ups and downs to both mittens and gloves. Whereas mittens make your hands warmer, gloves allow more grip. But what is there to grip except for railings when you're walking around and taking trains? Mittens, it might be then.

Okay, enough of the small talk. Valentine's Day is tomorrow, and could I be more prepared? All the typical vices are in tact, including iced devil's food cake, and these chocolate popems which I guess might as well be like those Dunkin Donuts munchkins. That's right kids, I'm doing nothing as of right now. Call it retaliation, call it typical, but I''ve had nobody to impress on a Valentine's Day for years now. Except that this year, given the nature of this blog, I figured I'd do the next best thing to cheering myself up. I'd cheer you all up. What else can I say, I'm a giving kinda guy. Consider this a little pregaming for tomorrow's festivities, or lack thereof, or well, whatever ends up happening.

Love - Everybody's Gotta Live

It was released on the band's last album before they disbanded in 1974. They were an obscure, lesser known psychadelic rock band from the 60's, who managed to create an absolutely timeless and joyous singalong, for all you pessimists in the world. Most of who are probably living in the same city as me. Don't tell me this song doesn't make you smile a bit.

Listen to this as you start your day and I can make a promise you won't feel as crabby. No one likes to come down with a case of the Mondays, despite how inevitable it might be. Mixed with a heavy overdose of V-Day preparation withdrawal, you may need a little more conscientousness. Just a thought.

Welcome, Winter. Took you damn long enough. Now get outta here!

Cheers,
~*E*~





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?