Saturday, February 04, 2006

Headphone masterpieces # 2.


For this time around we're gonna pick up the pace. I am proud to drop this on all of you after I've had it lying around for over a year in my collection. The Changes are a group from Chicago and have so far only released an EP called The Machinery. They definitely have the sound of a buzz band but don't necessarily sound like a flash in the pan. The lead singer sounds a bit like a certain Ben Gibbard but not nearly as wussy. The music on this track sounds excellent and the breakdown reminds me of something The Police would do. Listen to this while driving down the highway at 75 mph, or likewise, taking the 7 through Queens. This is what we call prime private listening. Rock out, people.

The Changes - The Machine

If you are interested in finding out more and hearing a few more tracks, check it.

Other musings....I finally shortened my beard...eh, a smidget, we'll say. Now I don't feel like as much of a lumberjack at least. As for last night, it was a great show down at CBGBs. I never realized how short Vinnie Paz is. Highlights were Sabac Red and Q-Unique, for sure. It was jam packed and I think I may have forgotten how hot the Uncle Howie female groupies are. Props.

Cheers,
~*E*~





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?