Saturday, February 25, 2006

Headphone masterpieces #4.


This was just the album I needed to listen to today. It has been such a long time since I pulled it out, and I'll tell you something, its still an amazing piece of work. Phil Elvrum has some truly sublime, dare I say simply gorgeous, lyrics. And the tracks go seamlessly together. Damn man, if I haven't burned this album for you yet, remind me to when I get the oppurtunity. Try buying it though if you feel so inclined. Its an interesting package to own, thin sleeve and all.

The Microphones - The Moon


The Glow Pt. 2 came out in 2001. I saw The Microphones live in like 2003 or something. At Cornell. The rendition of this song was a little different but still managed to stand out in the back of my memory bank. I did almost forget though that I went to this show due to how many years have passed. I have yet to actually buy another Microphones album, but I'm thinking I probably should. Despite this one being apparently considered their best. Time to explore more, I guess.

The Microphones - I Felt Your Shape


I had to put another one up because this song is also too irresistable to overlook. It also offers a range of the kind of path this album takes. The music ranges from gentle acoustic numbers to heavily percussion-filled ones.

Laundry day!

Cheers,
~*E*~





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?