Thursday, February 16, 2006

Peas and Corn.


My sister turned 19 yesterday. Since I was basically out the entire day due to work, class, Project Runway (shut up), and partying in Dub-burg, I didn't get much of an oppurtunity. So let this be the time that I belatedly issue a special edition of The Most Compressed Birthday Presents Ever.

Last night while at Savalas off of Bedford and South 2nd, this stupid bitch of a DJ refused to play any Talking Heads despite the fact that I showed complete friendliness without being over the top. I would've offered her a drink to coax her more after all, but I didn't want to distract her too much from her deep concentration. Beatmatching those punk rock songs must be tough.

I was pretty broke in any case. Naturally, I bought my sister a drink since it was only proper (and illegal but SHUSH). I wanted to have a Talking Heads song played since she requested it. But oh well, it didn't happen.

Fun times still commenced. And now I'm gonna make it up to the kid by upping a live version of probably my favorite song ever, covered by one of my sister's favorite new bands, featuring the vocal talents of my personal Jesus.

The Arcade Fire w/ David Byrne - This Must Be The Place (live)

By all means, certainly not a great rip, but if you can find a better one you let me know, aight? Yeah, good luck.

This took place about a year ago. Nothing more needs to be said. It's an amazing song, and this is an interestingly well done cover. Dope band.

Happy birthday, sis!

Cheers,
~*E*~





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?