Saturday, March 04, 2006

Headphone masterpieces #5.


Coming from the perspective as someone who enjoy more consonant music, I must admit this song was a bit hard to get into at first. It still resonates as an eerie number after all these months I've had it kicking around. It works especially in the private listening realm. Listen to this one at night. Call me the morning after and tell me if it causes anything.

The Books - Enjoy Your Worries, You May Never Have Them Again (rapidshare link)

This is the opening track to the critically acclaimed first album, Thought For Food, which I don't have, but probably will get when I can find it. I have the most recent Books album, Lost and Safe, a very delicately produced album from what I remember. It's been a while since I've pulled it out. There will be a right time to dust it off.

I suppose I'm officially tired of rap shows after last night's debacle. The show was sold out, so G-Proph and I got in by paying an extra five dollars to the doorman, for a total of twenty dollars admission for each of us.

The Clipse only played for a half-hour. Tops. I waited outside for about as long as the show commenced. Some fuckin' party, Fader. A shitty DJ and an even shittier main act. Props.

Damn, I'm supposed to be a fan of this shit? Fuck commercial rap, real hip hop shows will always belong to the underground. You scenesters can enjoy whatever you like on record, but don't think you're gonna convince me that a group like The Clipse can rock a show without even playing more than an album's worth of music from their seriously underwhelming catalog.

All I'm saying is, yes I took a chance and got suckered into it, and I should have seen it coming. One less group to check for, I guess. I used to be a fan, but now I feel like I might be completely justified in my skepticism.

Also, another problem I had but should have seen coming. It was the Knitting Factory. Which means it was way too packed. Some guy trying to push his way through to the backstage (we were up on the mezzanine) actually had the audacity to get up in G's face saying "DON'T MAKE ME GET HYPHY ON YOU."

Are you serious? I fuckin' hate that shit. Who honestly has the gall to say that to someone with a straight face. Next time I go to a rap show, I'm tapping into my inner seventh grader so I can GET ALL BACKPACKER ON YOU. Don't get it twisted now, it may be just as far from my personality as someone who says "hyphy", but at least it will be expected coming from the mouth of some white Jewish kid.

Over and out, you know what I'm about.

Cheers,
~*E*~





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?