Saturday, July 08, 2006

Headphone masterpieces # 12.

Don't let the bread get to ya head...

The Presuppositions of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP):

1. Communication is the response you get no matter what your intention.
2. There is a positive intention for every behavior.
3. Everyone has all the resources they need.
4. There is no such thing as failure, only feedback.
5. We are making the best possible choices at the time.

A lot of people seem to have a hard time believing I'm for real. I'm going to prove a lot of people wrong after this weekend. But I can assure you I'm only proving myself so I can make things better.

You know, I remember when I spent a weekend at a Zen monastery. It was quite possibly the most amazing weekend of my life because for one instance of time, one simple weekend, I became completely aware of myself, my actions, and my thoughts. I had just broken up with a girl who I still wasn't completely over, and for the first time ever I actually managed, for once in my feeble little existence, to not care about women at all. Hard to believe, but true.

Self-awareness? Check. Happiness? Check. Self-confidence? Mmm...check. So what was missing from the equation? What corner wasn't covered? Adaptability. Because I came home to my house back at college, and this was being done to my room (sorry for that waste of space I call a chipmunk). I managed to take it in stride. I took it very well and to this day I laugh about it. Nonetheless, how I handled it then reflected how I handle anything that comes my way unexpectedly now. In other words: I'm still a pushover. And I don't seem to care at all.

The irony in all this, is, of course, the prank that was done to me can not feasibly follow the listed presuppositions at the beginning of this entry. Small potatoes; the sophomoric intentions were meant ultimately to be playful, but also to overthrow the weekend of spiritual work I had just immersed my soul into. I'm not sure if any good can come out of those "intentions".

I have a lot of petty shit that happens to me. But as someone very close to me always says, "When it rains, it pours". At the same time, I indeed believe I am luckier than most. I have believed this for several years. And the more I say it, the more it is engrained in my brain, unable to be contested.

That all taken into account, do my actions really take a part in how lucky I am? Or have I just been allowing events to take place and fall right into my lap? I feel like I've been lucky without any intiative. And if there has been, it's been to a minimal but notable extent. I wonder...if I initiate more, will the luck continue to build, or will I finally become stuck working the normal mechanics in a sea of novices. I suppose at this juncture that I am afraid of what NLP will do...that it might be what was necessary all along to eventually silence my critics and leave the doubters without questions.

Bonobo - Nothing Owed (live) (fileforge link)

It wouldn't be an entry to think about, without some thinking music.

Cheers,
~*E*~






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?